- Acoustic Guitar, Banjo, Classical Guitar, Composition, Electric Bass, Electric Guitar, Music Production, Music Theory, and Songwriting
- Skill Levels
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
- rock, metal, classical, jazz, pop, country, experimental
- Lesson Duration
- 30 minutes
- Age Groups
- All Ages
I am an enthusiastic teacher and enjoy communicating my knowledge of music to students. I have discovered that students are more responsive when they realize that their teacher is familiar with the music they enjoy. I am always gratified to see students’ reactions when they derive satisfaction and pleasure from a disciplined, learning musical environment.
• 30 years guitar experience with 22 years music teaching experience
• Guest lecturer at the NYU Summer Guitar Intensive Workshop and the Queens College
• Experience as a conductor with strong ensemble and band skills
• Performance and recording experience ranging from contemporary classical, rock, blues/jazz, hip-hop, musical theater, film, orchestral, electronic, electroacoustic, and free improvisation
• MA in Music Composition, Queens College Aaron Copland School of Music
• BA in Music Composition, Brooklyn College Conservatory of Music
Two years of formal classical guitar training as an undergraduate.
Profiled in the 2008 book, State of the Axe: Guitar Masters in Photographs and Words by Ralph Gibson.
ASCAPlus award winner 2004-2013
Meet The Composer, Inc. grant recipient.
ASCAP Publisher Member (Out Your Ear)
Book a Lesson
Times displayed in UTC