- Acoustic Guitar, Banjo, Classical Guitar, Electric Bass, Electric Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Music Theory, and Ukulele
- Skill Levels
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Rock lead, acoustic fingerpicking, acoustic and electric blues, jam-band, bluegrass, country, folk, Celtic & classical guitar
- Lesson Duration
- 30 minutes
- Age Groups
Your personal musical goals will set the agenda for our lessons-I will teach you to play the type of music you want to learn.
I create a carefully graded, step-by-step course of instruction tailored to the individual student and guide the student along it. I am fully supportive of my students' aspirations, and working together, we will bring out the inner musician within you. My profile video goes into more details, and I demonstrate several instruments that I teach in the following order: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, banjo, harmonica, mandolin. Check it out and get in touch with me.
From 1980 to 2011 I worked in several music stores in upstate New York teaching studio lessons to 50-70 students per week.
I have taught well over 1,000 students.
I also taught group lessons at Old Songs in Guilderland, NY, and co-instructed at the Harmonica Masterclass with David Barrett.
- Formal classical guitar studies with Maestro Paul Battat, guitarist and violinist
- Steel string fingerstyle studies with Eric Schoenberg, noted guitar soloist
- Voice studies with Mia Scirocco, College of St. Rose
- Music theory studies with Andrew Lundquist
- Harmonica studies with Jerry Portnoy, Muddy Waters Band
- Mandolin studies with John McGann, Berklee College of Music
- Banjo studies with Paul Jossman, Ramblin Jug Stompers
Author of 10 books on guitar and harmonica. You can see my books here-http://celticguitarmusic.com/booksmain.htm
Contributor to Acoustic Guitar magazine. You can see my columns here-http://celticguitarmusic.com/AG_columns.htm
Harmonica columnist for Sing Out! Magazine since 1989. You can see my columns here-http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/SO!.htm
Technical editor of Wiley Publications book "Harmonica for Dummies"
You can listen to my music on YouTube here-
- Folk School of Chattanooga, music instructor
- Sing Out magazine, harmonica columnist
- Metroland, Albany NY, music writer
- Student Reviews
“Glen has been terrific in getting me started well on the banjo. Lessons, goals and practice tips for strengthening fingers are just what I needed to improve. Lesson music is fun and challenging.”5Lauren S.
“He was very informative and taught me a lot in the little time we had.”