- Double Bass and Electric Bass
- Skill Levels
- Intermediate and Advanced
- classical, jazz, blues, funk
- Lesson Duration
- 30 minutes
- Age Groups
I think that age 12 is about as young as is feasible for the double bass for the hand size requirements. My varied experiences provide a wealth of knowledge and “tricks of the trade,” and I can help students make rapid progress toward their goals and playing the music they love. The live online lessons offer consistency that fits both my students and my schedule, and the medium is extraordinary for concentration. Sign up for online lessons now and let’s play some LOW NOTES!
I currently live in musical mecca of New Orleans, LA where I hold the position of Principal Double Bass in the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra. I also play jazz and funk in the clubs. I often show up for jazz gigs in my formal concert attire—so I’m known after hours as “Symphony Boy!” Prior to New Orleans I played in the Louisville Symphony. After Hurricane Katrina, I was adopted by and played in the Minnesota Orchestra for the 2005-2006 season. Each summer I play in the orchestra of the Britt Festival in Oregon.
- BM in Music Performance CCM, Cincinnati
- Award winning composer of Bass compositions performed around world including premiere by the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- Double bass studies with Frank Proto, Warren Benfield, Stuart Sankey, and many more.
- Jazz lessons with Jaco Pastorius.
Principal Bass, Louisiana Philharmonic
Principal Bass, Britt Festival Orchestra
Bass Instructor, Loyola University School of Music New Orleans.