- Clarinet and Saxophone
- Skill Levels
- Intermediate and Advanced
- Lesson Duration
- 30 minutes
- Age Groups
- Are you eager to improve your clarinet playing?
- Do you have too many obligations during the week and find it difficult to fit regular lessons into your life?
- Do you live in a rural area without access to a professional clarinet instructor?
- Would you like to supplement current lessons from your band director in order to get extra feedback?
I will help you learn how to practice efficiently and successfully prepare solo and band music. I'm a regular judge for contests such as All State, so my feedback will guide you to success!
Cynthia Krenzel Doggett regularly appears throughout the US and abroad as a soloist, recitalist, and clinician. Recent international appearances include performances at the European Clarinet Festival in Belgium (2010 and 2012); solo performances in Merida, Mexico with the Cuidad Orquesta de Cámara, serving as clarinet faculty for Jonathan Cohler's International Woodwind Festival (2010 and 2012), and master classes at the National Conservatory of Music in Romania. Dr. Doggett regularly performs recitals and master classes throughout the Midwestern United States. A dedicated pedagogue, Cynthia helped found the annual event Iowa Clarinet Day to further the education of clarinetists statewide. She is active in the International Clarinet Association as the state chair for Iowa.
Cynthia is an advocate for new music and has commissioned a number of works for clarinet and saxophone. In 2010 Dr. Doggett was awarded an Iowa Arts Council grant to fund the commission of Nikola Resanovic's Sonata for Clarinet and Piano. She regularly performs at conferences to support these and other modern works, including Society of Composers Inc. (SCI), Iowa Composer's Forum, and Electronic Music Midwest.
Cynthia is Associate Professor of Music at Central College Pella, IA. Her primary teachers include Håkan Rosengren, Linda Bartley, and Andrea Splittberger-Rosen.
- DMA in Clarinet Performance from University of Wisconsin-Madison
- MM in Clarinet Performance from Kent State University
- BM in Music History and Literature from University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Associate Professor at Central College, Pella IA
International Clarinet Association--State Chair for Iowa