- Flute, Music Theory, Piano, Voice, and Recorder
- Skill Levels
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
- classical, commercial, jazz, theater
- Lesson Duration
- 30 minutes
- Age Groups
- All Ages
Cathy Pescevich Kreplin
In my studio, you'll learn effective practice, critical listening, mental flexibility. Singers & flutists develop breath management, consistently beautiful tone, conquer pitch troubles. Singers work range, diction, harmony. Flutists & pianists develop playing technique mindful of efficient, comfortable use of the body. Sight-reading, music theory, audition prep, ensemble playing, repertoire are emphasized according to your goals.
I've maintained a busy private music teaching studio for 30+ years and am currently pursuing national certification. I've developed innovative group programs. My professional performance experience includes theater, radio, studio, symphony chorus, guitar/voice duo, soloist. Additional music industry experiences includes studio engineer, record producer and concert series producer. Learn more at my website: www.ncmusicteachers.com
- Double major cum laude BS in Music (voice/flute) & Technology (audio engineering) from New York University.
- Undergraduate degree studies also included music & drama at Yale & studio technique at The Institute of Audio Research.
- 14 years private instruction. Teachers have included Marianna Busching & John Kuhn, amogn others.
National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS)
Music Teachers National Association (MTNA)
North Carolina Music Teachers Association (NCMTA)
National Flute Association (NFA).
- Student Reviews
“Cathy did a great job helping my son to self-evaluate and to pay attention to how he was keeping tempo, for example. My son really enjoyed his lesson because of Cathy's enthusiasm and encouragement. I was impressed with Cathy's techniques and it was an easy transition from our non-online lessons.”