- Cello and Music Theory
- Skill Levels
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Lesson Duration
- 45 minutes
- Age Groups
- All Ages
I love teaching and will do all in my power to maximize the value of your lessons. As long as you are prepared (I will help you set up practice methods on the first lesson), you should go very far. If you work hard, you should see consistent progress and be well on your way to achieving your musical goals!
Taught privately in the past and have an active performing career, soloing with orchestras such as the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
I have won local and national awards and served as principal cellist of the Cincinnati Symphony Youth Orchestra from 2010-13. I am able to teach all levels/repertoire.
- Principal Cello, Cincinnati Symphony Youth Orchestra (2010-2013)
- Studied at Meadowmount School of Music and many other institutes
- Studied privately with Alice Ann O'Neill, Alan Rafferty, Lynn Harrell, Ralph Kirshbaum, and Timothy Eddy
- Worked with members of the American and Emerson String Quartets
- Master classes with Jian Wang and Matt Haimovitz
- Currently pursuing Bachelor of Music degree at the Juilliard School
- Student Reviews
“Our first lesson was amazing , Ben is very much patient and kind hearted. I really look forward to taking lessons from him and advancing my cello life. He is an amazing teacher. Hands down!!”5Barb S.
“Mr. Fryxell is an excellent teacher. He has a great number of skills from which he can draw, and does so readily. He can help with just about anything, ranging form fingerings to practice techniques. He's very willing to help, and also quite patient. I look forward to continuing my lessons with him!”